16 November 2022
After maintaining the 1st position ranking since 2020, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) emerged 2nd position in the 2021/2022 Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR) Ranking of Ministries, Departments, and Agencies’ (MDAs) websites for the Federal Government of Nigeria.
It was a very close race for the 1st position which eventually was awarded to the website of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission. There was a slim margin of 0.02 points which determined the final results and the NIMC team heartily congratulates their ICPC colleagues as well on the achievement.
The NIMC website remains amongst the top websites for government MDAs across the nation and the Commission will continue to strive to maintain and even improve upon its high standards for quality content for its online audience globally.
The 2021/2022 Federal Government Scorecard was used to evaluate and rank websites belonging to 220 MDAs by an Inter-Ministerial Task Team (IMTT) that comprised representatives from key government agencies as well as Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), professional bodies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and multi-national IT firms. Results were collated by a jury and validated by the IMTT.
Membership of the 2021/2022 Jury:
- Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation
- Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
- Office of the Auditor General of the Federation
- Office of the Accountant General of the Federation
- Federal Civil Service Commission
- Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy
- Galaxy Backbone Limited
- Nigeria Internet Registration Association
- Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria
- Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria
- Nigeria Computer Society
- Right to Know (R2K) Nigeria
- International Centre For Investigative Reporting
- Nigerian Television Authority
- Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council